Primary Health Care Access Manager
CWAATSICH is a Community Controlled Aboriginal Health Service. We provide a GP service, clinical health care and community engagement programs for the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people residing in CWAATSICH’s region.
Position Title: Primary Health Care Access Manager
Position Work Location: Charleville, Queensland
Position Status: Permanent Full-Time
General Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Qualifications & Experience
- Certificate/Diploma in Business Administration, Practice Management or Primary Health Care; or equivalent
- Possession of current Queensland driver’s license, positive notice blue card, first aid certificate and criminal history check or willingness to obtain.
- Ability to travel throughout Western Queensland region
- Demonstrated senior management experience in a comparable not for profit, government, or private sector organisation.
- Prior experience in running a multi-dimensional medical practice is highly desirable.
- High level management experience working within the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community-controlled health sector
- Demonstrated ability to successfully oversee and manage the Chronic Disease and Clinic Teams of a complex organisation
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyse complex material, summarise key issues and develop innovative and creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to contribute strategically and in an innovative way to the Primary Health management of the organisation
- Demonstrated competency in providing organisational leadership in a multi-disciplinary team environment, particularly in the promotion of the efficient and effective office administration by the team.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for the organization in the development, monitoring and reporting activities and outcomes against contractual Service Agreements.
- Provide quality management reports to the CEO, Board, and funding bodies
- Work closely with the CEO to conduct a comprehensive biannual system review against agreed indicators to identify gaps in business processes and service delivery and to formulate a response to address these
- Lead the region wide planning and reporting of Nukul Murra Health Support Service outcomes and activities. Analyse progress and take necessary actions to address identified gaps, through the Nukul Murra alliance
- Lead the work to establish the brokerage model and ensure effective financial, data and administrative processes are in place
- Actively manage and coordinate the Nukul Murra alliance partners and Care Link Coordinators to support effective achievement of Integrated Team Care Services (ITC) program objectives
- Provide leadership to the alliance partners in the promotion of ITC to all GPs and allied stakeholders across the Western Queensland region. Assist with high level problem solving, systems improvements and enhance relationships with suppliers
- As part of NMHSS advocate for greater clinical and cultural leadership for ACCHO’s/CWAATSICH
- Manage effective staff recruitment, performance management, communications, health & safety and professional development processes in line with business requirements
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager, input to the development of CWAATSICH service budgets and targets and Nukul Murra Alliance budgets
The Applicants Information Package and Job Description will provide interested applicants with detailed information about the position. You can obtain these documents from Emma Liston, Human Resources Manager, 46 543 277.
Applications Close: Friday 9th October 2020, 5:00pm
CWAATSICH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages Indigenous people to apply.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: