Senior Associate – Agribusiness / Property / Commercial
Thynne + Macartney
Brisbane Airport, QLD
About the role
A rare opportunity has become available for an experienced Senior Associate or a lawyer (5+ years PAE) ready for that next career step to join our Agribusiness team.
Our clients buy, sell and run some of Queensland's largest agricultural properties and, over many years, we have become their trusted advisers. The majority of our work is repeat business - we know our clients, our clients know us and we enjoy working together. We surround ourselves with the best people and reward them with quality work and a stable platform on which to build profile as an industry leader.
As part of our team, Queensland's only First Tier Leading Firm in Agribusiness recognised by Doyles Guide and recently a finalist in the 2020 Lawyers Weekly Property Team of the Year Award, you will:
- Specialise in acting for the firm's significant established client base of farmers and graziers, from family enterprises to corporate entities and institutional investors.
- Have interesting and varied work, with a rural property and commercial focus, and direct client contact.
- Be part of a highly-experienced specialist team of lawyers and paralegals.
- Work closely with the team's partners and receive excellent mentoring.
- Have a clear path for career progression and professional development.
- Have an opportunity to enjoy work-life balance in a supportive environment.
This rare opportunity is open to either a Senior Associate or a lawyer ready for that next career step.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- As a minimum, completed your degree qualifications in law and have five years' post admission experience in property or commercial law, ideally with exposure to rural property and business structures.
- A passion to act for farmers, graziers and agricultural businesses.
- Dedication to providing excellence in client service.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with a proven ability to deal with competing deadlines.
- Strong research and analysis skills with an ability to apply critical thinking.
Benefits & Culture
In return for your strong work performance, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package and access to excellent training and mentoring while working within a collegiate and experienced team of professionals. You will also have access to an extensive range of firm wide benefits.
At Thynne + Macartney, we take the time to understand our clients' individual situation and the challenges they face. We have collectively represented some of Australia's most successful businesses and for over 125 years, we have accumulated experience and expertise across the generations of Queensland lawyers. Now it's time to put your skills and experience to work for our clients.
If you are an experienced professional, a great team player and want to work with some of the most respected professionals in the agribusiness sector, then this opportunity is for you.
Whatever your professional goals, we're with you.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: