Cairns Maintainer 2 (Mechanical/carpenter)
Cairns City, QLD
Apply nowJob no:25347
Work type:Permanent - Full Time
Categories:Other, Skilled Labour, Trade - Fitter (Mechanical), Maintenance & Operations
Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland.
Our Rollingstock Maintenance team currently has an exciting opportunity for a Cairns Maintainer to join their team based in Cairns on a permanent full-time basis. This position is responsible for providing a service to ensure a safe, efficient and effective preventative maintenance and repairs of the Travel and Tourism Rollingstock fleet and other rollingstock as required.
- Contribute to reliability and availability through performance of preventative maintenance and repairs to Traveltrain rollingstock – predominantly Kuranda Scenic Railway trains
- Contribute towards the Kuranda Scenic Railway Carriage Overhaul and Refurbishment Programs
- Assist in derailment and accident situations in order to minimise effect on customers and on an as required basis attend to rollingstock other then the Kuranda Scenic Railway trains which may need attention in service
- Minimise the effects of in-service rollingstock defects by efficient and timely attendance and repair of the Kuranda Scenic Railway Trains in the field as required
- Carry out all work observing safety requirements for yourself and for any others nearby
- Carry out all non-skilled depot duties (cleaning etc) to ensure the facility is kept clean and tidy and provides a safe workplace
- Perform all other duties and functions necessary for the efficient operation of the depot including waste water treatment plant operations
- Ensure accurate data recording for inputting into Enterprise Asset Management System
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must have the following:
- Hold a current manual ‘C’ class driver’ licence
- Hold a Mechanical Fitter qualification or equivalent
- A strong work ethic and ability to work efficiently as part of team
- A strong commitment to safe working practices and zero harm
This opportunity is permanent full-time and works across a roster between the hours of 05:00 and 19:30. The successful candidate must have the flexibility to work weekends, public holidays and work and travel across the district when required.
Entry base salary for this position is $60,000 plus superannuation, although there is an aggregate salary applied which includes penalty rates, raising the salary to roughly $90,000 plus superannuation. Overtime on days off will be paid in addition.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, a Pre-Employment Health Assessment and background checks.
Apply to position number 25347 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm Wednesday 30th September 2020.
If you have any questions regarding this Queensland Rail opportunity, please contact Tanya Anderson on 07 3072 0806 or email@example.com. Please do not email your application; we can only accept applications received via our website.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: