Toll Group, part of Japan Post, is the Asia Pacific region's leading provider of integrated logistics services, employing approximately 40,000 people across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries. Toll's second-to-none capabilities and global reach help provide customers with logistics solutions capable of serving the most comprehensive global supply chains.
The position requires a person who is a competent driver with the ability to work efficiently without direct supervision whilst outside the depot. A sound knowledge of freight handling and transportation of dangerous goods is essential. The successful candidate will hold a HR driver’s license and have experience working with Gas Cylinders.
- Permanent Position within the Toll Group
- Ongoing training and support
- Day Shift position, 6am start Monday to Friday
- Operation of MR / HR vehicle
- Multi-drop, pick up deliveries carting gas cylinders
- Up to 40 contacts a day
- Moving gas cylinders (weighing up to 90kg)
- Ensuring load agrees with paperwork, i.e. check loading paperwork against product
- Identifying any product damage or discrepancies and taking appropriate action in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Filling out driver’s run sheets and paperwork accurately for return to depot for processing daily
- Secure product against loss or damage by theft, movement/falling and weather and abide by the Load Restraint Guide.
- Direct receiver/loader for positioning loads on the vehicle.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ensure freight is properly restrained
- Ensure freight is loaded in a safe and effective manner
- Keep your vehicle and equipment clean and presentable and ensure relevant maintenance and safety checks are carried out regularly
Skills & Experience
- Current Australian MR / HR drivers’ licence
- DG license preferred but not essential
- Experience in multi-drop deliveries
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Extensive experience in commercial truck driving
- Knowledge of the fatigue legislation and all safety facets surrounding the transport industry
- Geographical knowledge of Brisbane, Gold and Sunshine coast
- Manual handling freight as required
- Flexibility to accept various runs
- Forklift license is preferred but not essential
Working at Toll
At Toll, we’re proud to be a leading integrated logistics provider in the Asia Pacific region. And we know our success is due to the quality and skill of our talented people - quite simply, our people are our most valuable asset.
We work hard to create a workplace that supports our people’s careers and that is a safe, respectful and inclusive place to work.
When you join Toll, you’ll join 40,000 customer-focused people who are working across 1200 locations in more than 50 countries. Our employees are passionately committed to our vision - to deliver outstanding logistics solutions for our customers, at every stage of the supply chain.
All Toll Group employees must be entitled to work in Australia and undertake a criminal history check, pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol testing
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or email Brooke Burchard for any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll Group does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies and will not pay any placement fees relating to such unsolicited resume referrals.
All applicants must be entitled to work in Australia and be prepared to undergo a criminal history check, pre-employment medical and/or drug & alcohol testing as required.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including, the First Nations Peoples, and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: