Eoi - Principal - Kalbar State School
There is an exciting opportunity for an Acting Principal position at Kalbar State School. As the Principal of Kalbar State School you will play a vital role in improving the educational outcomes for all students and nurturing a high quality, inclusive teaching and learning environment.
This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and accordingly any appointment (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
About Kalbar State School
Kalbar has been offering a continuous educational program since 1879 and is proud of the high standards our students achieve in academic areas and in sporting and musical pursuits.
All students at our school are taught the skills and values necessary for success in education, life and work. They leave Kalbar State School as literate, numerate, technologically savvy, well-educated citizens who have the capability, confidence and independence to make a positive contribution to our society.
We are seeking to select an aspirational, dedicated, futures oriented, strategic and innovative leader with strong relational skills who values teamwork, and possesses a track record of strong instructional leadership. The school has an impressive reputation across the Scenic Rim, with strong data in terms of student learning, parent, staff and student satisfaction.
The school principal and leadership team have been engaged in the regional “Leading Learning Collaborative” initiative for the past 18 months. The aim of this initiative is to support school teams to embed high quality, sustaining instructional leadership utilising Dr Lyn Sharratt's 14 parameters. The commitment as a region is to mobilise the potential of alignment, precision and intentional collaboration in order to improve levels of achievement in literacy outcomes for all students.
As the Principal you will have responsibility for (but not limited to) the following:
- Uphold the principalship as a values based, ethical and moral activity.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Active participants in life long learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, community groups, industry and business.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available at www.qct.edu.au
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume (max 3 pages) including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 1 page written response outlining your suitability for the role, referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed” in the attached role description, with a clear focus on how you will lead Kalbar State School over the next six months.
Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: