Casual Residential Youth Workers - Expression Of Interest - Gold Coast
Surfers Paradise, QLD
Are you a passionate and experienced Residential Youth Worker?
Would you describe yourself as dedicated, supportive and empathetic?
Do you want to help positively impact lives of young people in out of home care arrangement?
If you have answered yes to the above, we want to hear from you!
As a ProCare worker, you will use your experience and knowledge to provide care and support to young people with a range of complex needs and challenging behaviours.
You will be financially remunerated according to the likely challenges of your shift. We provide direct support to clients, enabling us to offer you an attractive hourly rate.
Our exclusive mixed rotating roster promotes work-life balance for all our staff. The very nature of your work with ProCare is flexibility. By letting us know your availability each week, we will work to create a schedule around you.
We offer a range of shifts from short morning or afternoon shifts, full days and sleepover shifts. Nights, weekends and public holidays incurs higher penalty rates.
We also do our best to meet your needs by matching your location with the client, helping you to avoid lengthy commutes or extensive travel.
About the role:
We are seeking experienced and qualified Residential Youth Workers to work in various Out of Home Care services. If you share our values in creating significant improvements to the lives of young people and are passionate for delivering high quality, client-centered services, we’d love to hear from you!
You will be responsible for:
- Managing challenging behaviours
- Providing practical & emotional support
- Transporting young people to appointments
- Maintaining the home environment/general duties
- Networking and building rapport with external professionals
- Completing reports, updating records and compliance reports
To be Successful, you will have:
- Experience working with complex and challenging behaviours
- A minimum completed Certificate IV level qualification in a child/youth related field as per Queensland minimum requirements
- A current Blue Card (or willingness to obtain one)
- A current LCS check (or willingness to obtain one)
- A current First Aid & CPR Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Must have Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training
- A high level of reporting skills and computer literacy
- An understanding of trauma and attachment theories and the resulting behaviours likely to be demonstrated by our young people
- Regular availability for day and evening shifts, sleepovers and weekend shifts
- A vehicle with full comprehensive car insurance
- Knowledge of standards of care and legislation informing your practice
- Hope and Healing Certificate
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Experience working with Indigenous and CALD clients
Salary & Benefits
- Base salary is paid between $34.50 - $52.65 per hour plus super
- Night and weekend penalty rates on top of the base rate
- Flexible working hours
Click apply and we'll be in touch shortly.
Find out more about positions available at www.procareaustralia.com.au
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: