East Toowoomba, QLD
Yancoal Australia Ltd
Multi-Skilled Operator Location: Chinchilla, QLD 4413
About the Business Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal our people are our most valuable asset and we invest in developing our management and leadership talent throughout our operations.
Reporting to the OCE/Supervisor, you will be a part of a dynamic and motivated team. The role will require you to have the following:
• Current Rii's for Trucks, Water Carts and Dozers
• Current unrestricted QLD Drivers Licence
• Current Standard 11 (surface)
• Current Coal Board Medical
Skills and Experience
• Sound communication skills, including two-way radio
• Experience in the operation of dozers, trucks, water carts, loaders and/or excavators within the mining industry
• Follow instructions
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Ability to identify and complete hazards
• Work as part of a team
• Work Independently
• Thorough understanding of individual responsibilities in relation to the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act and associated regulations.
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The following benefits are available to eligible employees:
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
If you would like to apply for this role please click the Apply button.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the advertisement before the advertised end date and commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
Applications close 6 July 2020.
We are currently seeking Multi-skilled Production Operators, minimum 3 years experience in Surface Coal Mining to operate heavy mobile equipment, primarily dozers, loaders and excavators, to assist witht the efficient and safe mining of coal.
Roster is 6 days on and 4 days off, 10.5 hour shifts, rotating between day shift and night shift.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: